Friday 28 March 2014

Story for Kids ; King and the Juster


King Rajdatta ruled over the Kingdom Narayanpur. he had a court-jester by name Maniram in his court. The king was pleased with him as he amused the king by jokes and interesting stories. In a short while, Maniram became the favorite of all.


One day while the king was sitting in his court with all nobles, Maniram cut a personal on the king. It was very insulting. So the king lost his temper and suddenly conemned the jester to death. It was really a bolt from the blue for Maniram. 

" Your Majesty, I am very sorry. Please forgive me this time. pleased the jester. 

" No. not at all. You can't understand your position. How dare you tingle me ? " roared the king. 

Maniram and some of his friends tried to persuade the king from giving a such harsh punishment. Al last he said'"All rigth ! You shall die but I allow you to choose the manner of your death. Tell you how would like to die." Said Rajdatta. 

" I am very thankful to you Maharaj. I hope you fulfill my like for death." Jester said. 

" By all means. After all it's word of king. " King said. 

Maniram had presence of mind. he immediately replied' " Your majesty, I wish to die of old age. 

The king and all the courtiers were much pleased with the wit of Maniram. the king not only granted him pardon but rewarded him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment