Sunday 30 March 2014

Story for Kids : Whimsical Women and her Dog

There was an artist. He was poor but good in painting portraits. He earn money by painting the portraits of rich persons and selling it to them. Once he painted the portrait of very wealthy and smart women. He hoped to be paid handsomely for it.

But the lady was whimsical. She bring her dog with her when she came to see the portrait.
She was extremely fond of that dog. She think that it was the cleverest animal in the world. She looked to the portrait paint by artist. She was was very happy looking to her portrait. But still she went to her dog and tell, " Look Fido, there is you darling mistress in that portrait." But the dog showed no interest.

The lady turn to artist and said, " There is something missing in the portrait. If the portrait just like me my doge definitely recognize me. So I cannot buy your portrait." 

The artist was puzzled. He get disappointed. But he was clever. He realized that the lady was rather foolish. But he did not want to loos a good customer. He come forward to lady and said, " I am extremely sorry madam. But excuse me. Just give me one day. I i shall make the necessary changes. Please come tomorrow. I am am confident that after that changes your clever dogy also recognize you in the portrait."

Next day lady again came with the dog. The dog immediately ran to the portrait and began smelling the portrait. After some time he start licking it fondly. The lady was pleased and exclaimed, " How wonderful ! You are certainly a great artist. I Shall pay you whatever you demand for this portrait." 

The artist ask for the big amount lady paid it willingly, " Please send portrait to my home with good packing." She said and left the house of artist. 

The artist had a hearty laugh when she went out. Because he never made any changes in the portrait. But just rubbed the painting with a juicy piece of meat. It's smell had attracted the dog towards portrait and foolish women think realize that his dog recognize her.              

No comments:

Post a Comment